Monday, February 17, 2014

Celia WHO?

It's half a year after I was supposed to finish my last (summer) Genius Hour project.

It's still not done.

There is no final product.

It won't ever be completed... UNLESS... someone else cares more about it than me.

That's what I've learned - You need to CARE about your project, or it won't mean as much to you. If it doesn't mean much to you, you won't learn as much as you could if you were truly dedicated to getting something accomplished, or producing a product.
So what IS my thing?

Photography.  Reading.  Organizing.  Walking.  Biking.  Being with family & friends.

I've come up with a goal for the second half of the school year, so I can share my progress with my students. It is NOT poetry. It is NOT trying to better our school bathrooms with poetry about girls and judging. I'm going with reading... I'll keep reading until I am inspired. And then - only then - will I act on it. If I'm only a tad inspired, I think I'll sit out that project...

No comments:

Post a Comment