Monday, May 27, 2013

Crayon Melting - Final Product


WHAT I LEARNED...
Print out coupons before you go shopping.
  - I could have saved $8!
Buy Crayola crayons.
Use a hair dryer TIP.
Tips that break look weird when melting if you don't glue them RIGHT NEXT to each other.
  - Cut them all shorter anyway. You don't need full-sized crayons if your canvas is 12" x 12".
SuperGlue doesn't glue wax.
Don't glue the crayon... put hot glue on the canvas.
Just glue the farthest part away from you, so the glue doesn't show on your final one as much.
I take a lot of pictures (91)! But I'm glad I have them for my presentation, for sure.
I still need a lot of practice being patient!!!

WHAT I STILL DON'T KNOW...
Sometimes it spurts, sometimes it drips. I don't know why... That's what I'll learn next time??

BEST TAKE-AWAY...
Art is editable. We can change these canvases at any time!

DID I SUCCEED?
Yes. I was able to make art that hopefully will inspire my students! I already inspired others - by sharing my art on Twitter, even showing Robby Novak!

"You got air coming through your nose. 
You got a heart beat. 
That means it's time to DO SOMETHING!"
~Robby Novak, "Kid President"

This is my final presentation...

No comments:

Post a Comment